Thursday, July 16, 2015

Update

So Iv'e just been going through and looking at my portfolio and other successful concept artists portfolios and was just trying to notice the things that really set them aside from everyone else-- and I realized it was mainly because we call ourselves "aspiring concept artist" and all you see in our portfolios are a few fan art pieces and sketches. There are none or hardly any actual designs and concepts. I saw that I fell under this category, but the Illustrator part of  my portfolio mainly out shined the Concept Artist part. So I've been designing more and more things from the fantasy and scifi genre (which I forgot how much I loved). Mainly it's just been characters and props lately, next week i will probably be environments for both inside and outside.


These are a few of the designs that I have made recently. I was imagining futuristic space warriors, and their armor and classes are based off of animals. For example, a Falcon can see very far, so, Sniper. A bear is very large and is nothing but brute force, so they are a Tank, and a fox is silent and stealthy, so they would be a Stealth or Assassin class.